We all love a good selfie, but the latest summer trend loved by celebrities such as Katy Perry and Kendall Jenner is the ‘footsie’ – a picture of your feet to show off your summer travels or adventures.
And, since we’ve decided to make Friday 17th June Flip Flop Friday, now seems as good a time as any to get snapping. Plus, if you enter pictures of your flip-flopped feet before Friday 24th March, you could win a £100 spend at your local PEP&CO. Our £1 flip flops make it easy to take part!
To help customers perfect their footsies, our social media manager Tash has put together her top tips on getting the perfect shot…
- CHOOSE YOUR ACCESSORIES – “Slip your feet into some pretty sandals or keep it real in some cheerful flip flops. Going barefoot? Why not try an anklet or toe ring for a real boho feel?”
- PEDICURE, PEDICURE, PEDICURE – “If, like me, you think putting varnish on your toes will make up for all the horrible wrongs you do to them the rest of time, this is a must. Don’t be ashamed to treat picking the perfect colour like it’s the most important decision you’ll ever make. Bright colours such as coral and pink will ensure your toes stand out and look picture perfect. And if you have the confidence to go au naturel (jealous!), ensure your feet are protected with SPF and moisturiser.”
- #NOFILTER? – “Ideally, look for a naturally well-lit location and pass on using a flash. If the sun is shining then a filter might not be necessary – but my favourite for adding a bit of warmth and colour include Instagram filters Valencia and Nashville.”
- A NEW ANGLE – “Taking your picture from above will really show of your feet’s travels and add an element of adventure. Footsies could also be taken sat down with your legs stretched out in front of you – ideally whilst reclining on a sun lounger!”
- A beautiful BACKDROP – “Copy the celebrities and ensure your show off the exotic locations where your feet have taken you – a gloriously golden beach, a crystal clear ocean – or even just buried in the grass in your back garden. In the absence of anywhere exotic to go last weekend, here’s a picture I took putting my foot in a bush(!):
(The other half was perplexed, but there’s no lengths I won’t go to for the perfect footsie!)”